The Sudbury Savoyards is an all volunteer organization! Don’t want to be on stage, but love theater? Volunteering is a great way to get involved! (Of course you can do both – be on stage and volunteer!)
Standing Committees: Our committees determine the direction of the organization and help with special events. Current committees include:
- Communications (general communications, social media and website)
- Program (deciding on our shows and programs throughout the year)
- Development (the vital job of fundraising)
- Finance and Governance (how the company works)
- Information Management (making sure our information systems work)
- Locations (finding storage and word spaces for our shows and finding a permanent home for our company)
- 60th Anniversary Committee (ad hoc).
Show Related Volunteers
- Costume Construction: volunteer to sew on “work days” running up to a show, assist with laundering and repair or help the actors during the show. We can use help from simple button sewing to full costume creation.
- Performance Staff: Our House Staff hand out programs, usher patrons to their seats, sell concessions, and ensure all guests of have the best possible experience.
- Light & Sound Tech: work behind the scenes on performances to make sure all aspects of our productions are spectacular.
- Props Crew: help find and create props for a show! From finding period weapons to creating a “working” magic teapot, you never know what a show will need.
- Running & Stage Crew: assist backstage with cast and crew to ensure a smooth performance.
- Set Construction, Painting & Decorating: help create build, paint, and dress the set.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we’ve got going on and to volunteer.